Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Virtual Tour and Guest Blog: Keeper of the Gate

Keeper of the Gate
Paula Kennedy
Evernight Teen 
Paranormal  TeenRomance, 63k


Anna, the girl with flaming red hair and attitude to match, always felt like an outcast. In her final year of high school, when she can’t even connect with the right guy, she meets mysterious bible-loving Devin and feels strangely drawn to him. 

There’s more to Devin than good looks and his weird obsession with scripture, and Anna finally understands the emptiness she’s felt her entire life. Join Anna as she searches for answers about her past with Devin, struggles to accept her true identity, and begins an adventure into the City of Fire to reseal the gates of Hell. 


Buy Links:    Evernight Teen    Amazon




Keeper of the Gate: Guest Blog #1

Thanks so much for inviting me as a guest on your blog. I had a lot of fun writing Keeper of the Gate and let me tell you it was hard when it ended. Who knows what the future holds, however, and my mind is already spinning with ideas for some series books based on Keeper of the Gate.

Today I'd like to talk about my dedication for Keeper of the Gate. Generally, deciding on the dedication takes me time and careful consideration. My first book, after much debate, was dedicated to my husband, "The most patient man in the world" and the second to my parents. With Keeper of the Gate I knew right away who was going to be listed in the dedication. It reads as follows: To Kristen for pushing me to write this story. Kristen is the oldest of my four children with a spit fire of a personality just like her mother. When I told her I was going dedicate my latest book to her because she had inspired me to write it, she crinkled her nose and said, "Book? What book are you talking about?" I had to laugh, and hold onto the nearest solid surface. The heated conversation we'd had so many years ago about what type of book I should write next was just a fleeting moment in her life. She had no idea I'd spent the last two years writing a story based on her desire to read a love story with angels in it. After some prompting and bugging - and possibly some tap dancing and head stands - Kristen finally nodded weakly and smiled.


 "Oh sure, Mom, that's right." Her eyes skirted as she struggled to recall any memory of the conversation we'd had. "That book. Now I remember. I thought it was about ghosts are something?"

Dejected but certainly not beaten, I knew she had no idea what I was talking about and it got me thinking: Why, exactly, do writers keep on writing? How do we keep plodding on? Certainly we don't write for the money - unless of course you're one of the big names but even then those big name writers had to start somewhere. I had to ask myself why I had spent countless hours over the last two years writing a story for a child who could hardly remember the conversation let alone the genre. Why? Well it came to me the other day as I was watching one of my students brainstorm a creative writing piece. We do it, we write, because we love it. Even if I tried, even if my life depended on it, I could not rid myself of the story teller portion of my soul. I love to write, it is an integral part of who I am. Growing up, I would have much rather spent my gym classes engrossed in a writing piece - and believe me, I had a lot of stories floating around back then - then serving for a volleyball game. My husband doesn't understand this but I would have gladly taken a pad of paper and pencil over a basketball anyday. 

So yes my dearest Kristen, Keeper of the Gate was written for you and although you have no recollection of it, you kindled the lives of Devin and Anna and began the tumultuous journey they face in Keeper of the Gate as they reseal the gate of Hell.

Here is a picture of my beautiful Kristen!


Thanks again for having me!

Author Bio:

Born and raised in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario, Paula has a B.A. in
psychology, a B. Ed. in the primary, junior, intermediate and senior
divisions, and a vivid imagination. She spent her early years
listening to the stories of her father, a well-loved high school
teacher and creating tales of adventure for her two younger sisters.

She is a wife and mother to four amazing children.

“I am a mother, a wife, a teacher and a writer. Life does not get any
better than this!”



Giveaway:  1 Ebook copy of Keeper of the Gate  
- Please leave a comment on this blog to enter !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...